Team Reba has expanded our 1st time buyer class to include sponsorship from the Washington State Housing Finance Commission to allow qualifying buyers the opportunity to receive a certificate for certain special home buying and down payment assistance programs. This 5-hour class meets the requirements for these programs with WSHFC.
Home Buyer Steps Workshop
12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Douglass Truth Library – 2300 E. Yesler Way, Seattle WA 98122
Home Buyer Steps is a Workshop approved by Washington State Housing Finance Commission (WSHFC). The Home Buyer Steps Workshop is 5 hours and designed to provide participants with a Step by Step guide to the Homebuying process. Once completed you will reecieive a certificate of eligibilty to apply for down payment assistance or a Mortgage Credit Certificate if your income qualifies you. This class is perfect for ALL first time home buyers and those who haven’t purchased in many years.
Together, we will help you understand and have working knowledge of:
1) Your Credit Score and its impact on your financial life.
2) Creating and working on a Budget
3) The Home Inspection Process
4) How to Find Realtor’s and Loan Officer’s with your best interests at heart.
5) How to protect yourself from Predatory lending and Poor Realtors
6) Reading a Good Faith Estimate, Truth In Lending, and other essential documents.
7) Understanding what Escrow and Title are with industry speakers on the topic, along with available home warranty programs.
8) Going over all your different loan options.
9) In Depth on the Mortgage Credit Certificate, Home Advantage, and House Key Programs.
Our Workshops are done free of charge by local industry experts who volunteer to help you take the next step. We are happy to help you along the way and will answer all your questions. Upon completing the workshop you will feel more confident as a consumer and empowered in your path to home ownership.
Find Out More at http://wshfc.org/
12:30pm to 5:30pm
Douglas Truth Library, 2300 E. Yesler Way, Seattle
Speakers: Herb Alden, Cornerstone Home Lending & Reba Haas, Re/Max Metro Realty (guest speakers from First American Title)
RSVP required: call 206.251.0437 or email email@example.com.
Please bring a sack lunch or personal snacks